I am a wife, a mother, a singer, a songwriter, and most of all, I am an adopted child of God who wants nothing less than to be His vessel to share His light and His hope, love, and joy!


Friday, February 27, 2009

Offer up the sacrifice of Praise!

It has been a while since my last posting to my blog. It has been a little difficult being motivated this week. Sometimes we go through periods where it's difficult to move forward, but we must persevere.

What the Lord wants most from us is faith, obedience, and praise! Our praises and thankfulness are sweet melodies to His ear! Don't dwell on the negative. It does nothing for you or for the situation. Give it up to God in prayer and petition. Seek His will and direction. Focus on what He has done for you. I like what Joyce Meyer says: I'm not where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be!

This is what I am thankful for today:

My handsome, wonderful, caring, sensitive husband
My adorable, healthy, energetic, charismatic toddler boy
My beautiful, warm home; a safe haven in the cold of winter
My friends and family who show me love and encouragement
The opportunities to turn what is bad into good for God's purpose
An offer this week for a free, blown up and framed picture from my wedding
An open door to use my music in a public concert and on an album
My husband got a job promotion
My husband got $200 in gifts from the employees at his previous job
A dead tree on our property recently removed for free
Our driveway getting snow plowed for free!
For the love I feel from God every day!!

Tell me, what are you thankful for?

One of the best revelations you can have in your life is to really know and feel God's love. Many people do not realize how much God really loves them. God so loves that world, that while we were still sinners, He sent His son to die for us and redeem us from our sin. On the cross, after being beat, abused, spat on, crucified, and mocked, Jesus pleaded with His Father to forgive those people! Our Lord's love is so great that He is so quick to forgive and have mercy.

Reach out to Him for His love, sit down in His presence quietly and soak up His love. When you really feel His love, it is so awesome, it will probably move you to tears.

God bless you!
Sarah V

P.S. Check out the links below for some of my new articles on Ehow!
http://www.ehow.com/how_4817425_keep-cool-toddler.html
http://www.ehow.com/how_4802177_baby-getting-foot-stuck-crib.html

No comments: