I am a wife, a mother, a singer, a songwriter, and most of all, I am an adopted child of God who wants nothing less than to be His vessel to share His light and His hope, love, and joy!


Wednesday, February 11, 2009

First Blog

Hello friends,

This is my first post to my new blog. I hope to use it to keep you up to date on my ministry and anything important going on in my life and personal and spiritual reflections. As of now, I feel a little silly calling my ministry a ministry, because I am in what the Bible refers to as the "small beginnings" stage of my ministry...VERY small beginnings. I have felt called into ministry probably since I was a little girl, but I'm not sure if that's because I really felt led or because my mom told me I'd be a missionary when I was little. Well, now I'm grown up and I am no where close to being a missionary and I don't know if that will ever happen. Honestly, I'm not aspiring to be that right now.

I'm aspiring to be an awesome wife and mother, and I have this big desire in my heart to minister to and encourage people. I have always felt very close to God, and I have always had a compassionate and caring heart for people. It doesn't take much to make me cry. I can go to any wedding or funeral and cry my eyes out, even if I don't know anybody there! Even though I have been seeking out God and studying the Word my whole life, I still feel like I have a lot to learn about both. That is why a lot of times I don't feel qualified or ready to really reach out and minister to others. But the truth is that we all have a lot to learn! No one is perfect and no one knows it all. All we can do it continuously pray and seek hard after God.

Like a lot of people, I don't really know all of the gifts or callings God has given me. I don't know the big picture, long term plans He has for my life. I just feel like it will involve songwriting, singing, writing, and ministering. I love to sing, write songs, write in general, and encouraging and teaching people about God and His Word. I hope I will be able to use some of my gifts for other people in my blog. I am always seeking for God to be in control, not for me to be in control and fulfill any selfish ambitions. Even if something seems Godly, it doesn't mean it is of God. It may seem Godly for me to be a big Christian recording artist, but it doesn't mean that's what God wants me to do. That is kind of where I'm at now...not sure what move God wants me to make next. But I know if I continue to seek Him, He will be faithful to lead me. Same goes for you!

God bless you! Stay tuned!

Sarah

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV version)

No comments: