I am a wife, a mother, a singer, a songwriter, and most of all, I am an adopted child of God who wants nothing less than to be His vessel to share His light and His hope, love, and joy!


Friday, February 20, 2009

Faith, Hope, and Love

Friends,

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 says: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

Verse 13 of this chapter says: "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

What do we have faith in? What do we have hope in? In God! We should apply our faith and hope in God, and apply love to God and to others, but God wants us to love Him above all else and everyone else. To apply verses 4 through 8 directly to God, He wants us to be patient with Him. He wants us to be humble before Him. He doesn't want us to boast or be prideful about ourselves, but instead be a vessel for God's work and glory. He does not want us to focus on what we think He hasn't done for us, but to focus on what He has done for us and how far He has brought us from where He found us! He does not want us to chase after our own desires and dreams. He wants us to seek Him and His purposes. When we do this, He will give us the desires of our hearts! He does not want us to delight in the evil things of the world. He wants us to always pursue to know His truth, and to share His truth. He wants us to trust and hope in Him! He wants us to persevere through our circumstances knowing that we are standing on a solid rock, and we can trust that He is guiding us! Be anxious for nothing! When we have God, what can we fear? David didn't fear the giant, Goliath because He knew he had God on his side!

I praise the Lord for helping me to persevere. I know there have been times when I may have slowed him down, got sidetracked, lost patience and hope, but the Lord always reminds me to keep persevering and not to be weary of doing good. He renews my strength and hope as I see His work in my life unfolding. I am so blessed that last night, I got a new opportunity to share an original song the Lord gave me. Because of the door that opened last night, this song could reach hundreds, maybe thousands of people this year. I can't wait to keep persevering and seeing what else God has planned with my life!!

God bless you,
Sarah

No comments: