I am a wife, a mother, a singer, a songwriter, and most of all, I am an adopted child of God who wants nothing less than to be His vessel to share His light and His hope, love, and joy!


Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Lord Provides

Good morning and happy Sunday!

The Lord gave me a great Valentine's weekend! Of course, it's not over yet! It was great to have quality time with friends, with my husband, with my grandmom, and other family members. I found out a while ago that one of the secrets to happiness is giving to others, thinking of other people's needs, being there for them in their time of need. Right now, my grandmom is 79 and is not in the best health. She has Chrohn's disease. But her mind is still going strong! She lives by herself and has a hard time getting around on her own. So Rich and I took our little boy to see her on Valentine's Day. We called that morning, so it was kind of a surprise. When I make a commitment, I make sure that I follow through with it, so sometimes I wait till last minute to tell someone I will do something to make sure I can follow through. In any event, my grandmom sent my son a Valentine's Day card asking him to be her Valentine. So he did just that...we spent almost four hours eating with her and hanging out. She was so happy to watch him. He is 16 months old and at a very fun age. He doesn't yet talk much. He just makes a lot of noises that don't make much sense, and he LOVES exploring. I can hardly keep him out of anything. He especially loves getting into the pantry.

Also, while I was with grandmom, I was with a couple of other family members whose names I won't mention for privacy. Before I continue that, I have been wanting for a long time to record an album. First, I just thought it wouldn't happen until a record label discovered me and helped me record an album, because I don't play instruments or have the money for an album. But I have written over 15 Christian songs recently and I really want to get them recorded and spread my message! I have been encouraged by my church pastor to do it myself. Then I decided to proactively seek out churches to visit, sing, and minister, and thought maybe they would take up a collection toward my ministry. I also sent letters to a lot of friends and family before Christmas asking if they could give donations to my ministry instead of gifts. Between a couple visits to churches, support from my own church, and donations from friends and family, I had about $1,050 after Christmas. My initial goal was $1,500 because I was told by one music producer that it would probably cost me that much to make an album, but I don't think that's including the cost of making copies of and distributing the album, which I know nothing about either. But I have been trusting in the Lord that if He led me into this, He will provide!! As I was with my family on Valentine's Day, one of my family members slipped me $100 bill toward my ministry! It was a totally unexpected blessing! Now I'm a little under $350 away from my goal! Praise God!

I hope you have a great Sunday and honor the Lord on this day. Honor Him by spending time with Him, pray, meditate on His Word, thank Him for His blessings, and visit a Chrisitian church and be ministered to!

"Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will be poured into your lap. For the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
Luke 6:38

No comments: