I am a wife, a mother, a singer, a songwriter, and most of all, I am an adopted child of God who wants nothing less than to be His vessel to share His light and His hope, love, and joy!


Monday, March 9, 2009

Making Progress

Hi Friends!

I got up at 4:15 this morning! I have the remains of a cold that keeps waking me up really early, but somehow, God has been giving me strength and energy! I am sure the coffee helps too!

Yesterday was an awesome Sunday at church! My Pastor is starting to use me to help him lead praise and worship service. This part of the service normally lasts for 90 minutes. We are quite serious about our praise and worship! I think that's why I love my church so much. They have such a heart for God. They have no qualms about coming to the altar every single Sunday to just rest in God and worship and cry.

Well, as I was saying, my Pastor is a very in the moment, directed by the Holy Spirit type of Pastor. He doesn't tell me in advance whether or not he will have me lead. I walked in a minute after the music started and he beckoned me up front. I have pretty much gotten used to this unpredictability. After all, we should be flexible to be used by God. I have always been an "I must know and plan well in advance" type of person, so this has been quite a transition.

I was thrilled that the service turned out to be a supercharged, anointed praise and worship!! I can't take the credit because I haven't developed a lot of skill with leading. I'm just so thankful that God is using me in my inadequacy! I am thankful that he has taken me a long way from the girl that was petrified in the front of public speaking class, and the girl that was shaking in body and voice when she sang in front of a crowd.

After church was over, 4 people purchased a demo CD from me, which was also very exciting. I have been saving all of the money from purchases and donations toward my ministry so that I can eventually record an album of original Christian songs. So far, I'm up to about $1,180, and that is considering some money I spent to make and mail CD copies, copyright original songs, and things of that nature. My original goal was $1,500, because that is the estimate of cost for an album I recieved from a local studio/producer. At the time, it seemed impossible, but through Christ, all things are possible!!! Thank you so much to those who have supported me financially and in prayer! Please keep up the praying!!!

So, after church, I got together with some church musicians, Brian the pianist, Bob the guitarist, Mark the bass player, and Shawn, Jr. the drummer boy! I didn't intend to spend a long time practicing. But after 90 minutes of singing at church, then we practiced for over three hours! God really held up my voice that whole time, considering I have had a cold! It was awesome. We got a lot done! We started working on about seven of my songs. I am so humbled and honored that these guys are willing to give so freely of their time to help me in working towards a higher purpose!

I'm still trying to figure out some of the "minor" details (even though every detail is major and important to me!), like which musicians to use in which songs, which studio to record in, which songs to record, because finances won't permit recording all of my songs, which is about 20 songs. I need wisdom from God to pick the most effective songs for ministering to others! If anyone is interested in hearing my songs and giving some feedback, please let me know!!!!

I have a lot of decisions ahead of me, work to do, and money to spend. I know God will be faithful in guiding my steps as He always is.

God bless you all!

Love,
Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, You did an amazing job leading. I can honestly say that I could sit for hours and listen to you sing, and I am not just saying that because you are my friend. Wasn't it a compliment that at my wedding people thought that you were lip syncing because the voice was so beautiful? Hmm... no! I can tell you that God has a huge blessing on you. You are willing and able to do WHATEVER God asks you to do, when He tells you to do it. DO NOT ever change that, just use it as a way to show your willingness. We love you so much!!!!