I am a wife, a mother, a singer, a songwriter, and most of all, I am an adopted child of God who wants nothing less than to be His vessel to share His light and His hope, love, and joy!


Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Few Updates

Hello all!

It's been a while since I have written in my blog. I have had a lot going on! Rich's family from California was in town the last couple weeks and I was busy writing Ehow articles as well. You can view my articles at the Ehow website. Among them, I have one for single women about getting a good Christian man!

I want to thank everyone who voted for my song at yourhymn.com! I missed the next round by one vote, but I do appreciate the support I received from almost 40 people!

On May 23, I visited a local church and sang and ministered for a fundraiser for Mason Dixon Youth for Christ, which is an outreach to young people in and around my area. That went pretty well and that is opening doors to sing at other events at that church. Also, I had a couple family members who have fallen away from the church, but they did make it to this function, which I was excited about!

Additionally, I previously put an ad on Craigslist to offer up my services to sing and minister at local Christian functions, churches, weddings, etc. I had someone respond, so the exciting news is that I will be a back up singer on a Christian R&B album! While this is not a paid gig, it should be a great experience and maybe even open doors down the road! I keep reminding myself of the scripture where the Lord says not to despise small beginnings! I have been doing a lot of free gigs, but I am sowing and I trust the Lord that I will reap the rewards of what I sow! Of course, the primary goal is to be a light and a witness and to shine God's glory and Word!

Another bit of exciting news is that I'm looking into other options for recording my songs. As I mentioned before, I am not yet able to afford a professional studio because it normally costs anywhere from $5,000 to tens of thousands of dollars to make an album. Therefore, I am talking to a local church worship leader who has experience with putting together original songs from scratch. He writes songs himself, plays piano and guitar, and has a private set up for recording. I am sure it is a lot more limited than a full blown recording studio, but I feel a lot more at peace about going this route to start working on my music. I am thankful that he has agreed to start working with me very soon!

Finally, I feel that the Lord has been working on a lot of things in me, and one of them is being flexible. I used to be more of a controlling person that had to have my way and have it right now! I hated when plans fell through, but if you are to be used by the Lord, you need to be flexible! I have been noticing more and more as time goes by, when plans fall through, I get over it fast, and I just make new plans! Also, I want to encourage you to be flexible to stop and do what the Lord is calling you to do in the moment, whether it be praying over yourself or someone else, having quiet time to listen to the Lord, praying or witnessing to someone, giving to someone, and agreeing to last minute plans (if you feel the Holy Spirit is leading you to), etc.

Romans 8:14 says "those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God". Galatians 5:25 says "since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit". John 16:13 says "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come."

Be blessed!

Love,
Sarah

No comments: