I am a wife, a mother, a singer, a songwriter, and most of all, I am an adopted child of God who wants nothing less than to be His vessel to share His light and His hope, love, and joy!


Friday, April 24, 2009

Lovely Day

Hey there friends!

I don't have many updates in the way of my ministry. In a month, as many of you know, I am participating in the Hymn Sing fundraiser for Youth for Christ at the First Church of God of Westminster. You can see my upcoming events if you are my friend on myspace or facebook. Actually, you can see my myspace even if you don't have an account. It's at http://www.myspace.com/sarahvministry and on facebook, just look up my name and you'll recognize my face. :) Right now, I just have two events and haven't put the second one up because it's too early. I am confident the Lord will open doors for me and start to fill up my calendar more! In the meantime, I'm enjoying life and being productive with my time. I am working on music and Bible studying so that I will be ready to step out when God calls me to.

A few nights ago, I went to a local coffeehouse with a girlfriend. She also has kids and every once in a while, we like to get away. We both try to be thrifty with our money so we rarely eat out together. We just go to a coffeehouse and get a coffee and talk for hours. I love the fellowship! Anyway, I didn't know that I was walking into an "open mic night" at this coffeehouse. I have never been to one before, but I always wanted to try it. Needless to say, I had no musicians to back me up and didn't specifically prepare anything to sing, but the Word says in 2 Timothy 4:2: "be prepared in season and out of season." So I put my name on the sign-up list, and when I went up, I spoke a few words about my salvation and sang a couple of my original songs a cappella. I still don't know what impact, if any, was made, but it was a really positive experience for me, and someone expressed interest in my visiting and ministering at a church function.

I have noticed a lot recently the Holy Spirit directing me to suddenly step into things I wasn't prepared for. I can already see that this is helping me grow and be more flexible. We can be so much more powerfully used if we are only available to God!

I just want to encourage you that every time you boldly follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, you will be blessed and other people will be blessed by it. In Christ, there's no more need to be fearful. We are new creatures in Christ. All the old things have passed away, so anything anyone ever told you that you negative about yourself, or anything you even believe about yourself and boxes you put yourself in, you need to get rid of that stinkin' thinkin' and let God turn you around!

God bless you all and keep in touch! I love the e-mails people send me. It's very encouraging.

Love,
Sarah

No comments: